Saturday, April 18, 2009

Going Personal

I have never liked writing my thoughts and feelings down on paper or anywhere else for that matter. But there are so many things you forget if you dont write them down.


So I decided I am turning this business blog into a personal blog as well. I need to start writing things down for one me to remember tomorrow what happended today ( I tend to forget things more now than I used to) and two I found an old journal that I wrote in when I went to Disneyland in 1986. WOW! That makes me feel old! As I was reading it it just made me laugh at all the things I wrote about and my thoughts when I was that age. I want to come back 10 or 20 years from now and read this so that I can laugh again at all the things I wrote about whether it be about my kids or me personally.


As you know the reason I started making this blog was to show off my latest things I have created. As most of you know me I have done everything! Sold almost every Home Party Plan there is...My thinking was always that I dont want to work. I want to stay at home with my children. Growing up I dont remember my mom coming to my class room very often to help, or being able to go on field trips with me. I really want to do that with my kids. I want to enjoy them the most that I can, life is sooo short that I want to be there all the time for them if at all possible. Where is this going you ask? I am just rambling like usual. With the economy the way it is it's just not in the cards for me right now to go jobless. So the only way I can ever think of going jobless is with everything I always try to make and sell at home. I really do enjoy my job though. I work at an Elementary School and teach the kids computers and computer skills. It really is fun but like I said I dont get to go to my kids classrooms and help and my last baby is in Kindergarten right now. He is going on his first field trip next month. But unfortunately I work on Tuesdays and so I wont be able to go.


Invitations and Announcements I really have had a lot of fun creating. I think this has been the most entertaining thing I have come up with yet. I love being on the computer and creating things in Photoshop. I have always wanted to go back to school and get a degree in computer graphics or something. I even tried creating my own digital scrapbooking elements and paper. That really is harder than it looks. There is so many new things in scrapbooking that it makes it really hard to keep up. Creating Invitations and Announcements I have been able to use my digital scrapbooking stuff I have created to good use. And now I even started creating my own luggage/bag tags. They have been a lot of fun as well, and I even sold a few with in the first hour of listing them on Etsy. I just love Etsy! Its been the greatest thing for moms that love to create and sell their own stuff. I will post a few that I created last week. Again if you want to look at all the designs go to mckennalaynedesigns.etsy.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment